Reporting Commonwealth crimes

We have the jurisdiction to investigate crimes against the Commonwealth of Australia (we call them Commonwealth crimes).

We also have jurisdiction in the Australian Capital Territory. To report crimes in the Australian Capital Territory, use ACT Policing's Online services portal.

Our reporting tool below provides information on what crimes you can report to us. We also provide information on how to report crimes that don't fall within our jurisdiction.

Matters referred to us are categorised and prioritised and not all matters result in the commencement of an investigation. 

Report a crime